Defense for DUI Charges
In defending DUI charges, your attorney will carefully review every single aspect of your DUI charge. We will look for any error made by law enforcement, a violation of your rights, a physical condition which may have led to failed field sobriety tests or breath/blood tests, and more. We will use our understanding of California drunk driving laws in order to determine whether a defense may be valid and will hold up in your DMV hearing or in court. Most importantly, we will act to protect your rights while building a defense strategy on your behalf.
Following are some examples of defenses which may be utilized by a lawyer at our firm, depending upon the particular case and circumstances:
- The officer did not have reasonable cause to pull you over.
- The officer did not read you your Miranda rights.
- The officer did not inform you of the consequences of refusing a blood test or breath test.
- You were not lawfully arrested.
- The breath test or blood test was not administered properly.
- The breath test machine was not calibrated properly, per state regulations.
- You have a medical condition that provides a false positive.
- The officer did not have probable cause to administer the chemical test.
A drunk driving conviction in California is a serious matter. We will help you seek the best possible resolution of your case and help you get your life back on track after a drunk driving arrest.